We're doing a 2nd BUG PyJAMa Jam this April 'cuz we miss you! Join us in our kitchen - using Zoom!
It's FREE and you don't need to be any good. This is the kind of BUG you WANT to catch!
No stinkin' virus is going to keep us down! Don your favourite pyjamas or loungewear, grab a snack, a drink (how about takeout/delivery from the Clocktower Brew Pub), your spouse, kids, pets, and sign in on Zoom.
WHEN: Wednesday, April 29
TIME: meet & greet check-in 7:45 pm, singing starts at 8:00 pm (eastern time, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada)
WHERE: right in your own home, in your favourite loungewear or pyjamas
THE PDF SONGBOOK AND CHORD CHART FOR THE NIGHT WILL BE POSTED BELOW when it's ready in the #1 ENTRY ON THE SONG LIST. The songs in the PDF songbook are in the order of play. This time around we'll be displaying the songsheets on your screens and our wonderful Ellen will be scrolling through for all of you. On your own screen, you can resize the songsheet window to take up most of the screen, or if you've got a big screen (we plugged our computer into our TV for Zoom this week) you can resize the songsheet so that you can see more people. Those settings are entirely up to you! You may want to print out the Chord Chart if you're unfamiliar with some of the chords, as you may not always be able to see the chord boxes on the screen. I'll take a poll after to see whether participants prefer seeing the songsheet on the screen, or whether they'd rather handle their own songsheet and see people singing on the screen.
IF YOU CAN'T JOIN US LIVE for whatever reason, no worries! We'll be recording the jam, so that you can play along with us anytime! Be sure to plug an external speaker into your computer to listen so that you'll hear the uBass and get the full effect! In the recording, no one's names appear on the screens! We'll upload the jam video and songbook we use for the evening on our JAM VIDEOS & SONGBOOKS page.
HOW DO I JOIN IN?
First, all you have to do is download ZOOM - it's free: https://zoom.us
- Turn off all other programs, apps, emails, games, that use the internet. That will maximize your bandwidth to help improve delay and choppiness.
- For optimal audio quality and volume, plug an external speaker into your device or wear headphones. If you don't do that, the sound may be choppy, tinny, and you won't hear the uBass.
- Sign in on Zoom anytime after 7:45 pm and we will start the music at 8:00 pm.
- ZOOM link: https://zoom.us/j/848168915?pwd=dzk2OFBBdmFreitMVVp5RjY5YnlwZz09
- ZOOM password: uke15 (if needed)
- Meeting ID: 848 168 915 (that's if the link above doesn't work for you, you can type the ID in once you click on JOIN MEETING)
- Due to the noise/feedback that occurs when someone connects to Zoom mid-song, the "waiting room" feature will be enabled. So people will only be admitted to the jam from the waiting room in between songs. If you're arriving after 8 pm, please be patient as it might take a few minutes.
- If you're not familiar with Zoom, please take some time to read these help pages ahead of time - they tell you how to test your audio and video:
MANY, MANY THANKS to Ellen Dickson and Ian Taylor for encouraging Mark and I to try this out, and for being the Zoom wizards behind the screens for this jam!